Monday 23 September 2013

Shimla on a Bike!! Part 1

Shimla on a bike!! Wow!!! Had I ever imagined something like this, I don't even remember. I'm too excited to think about that right now. Chandigarh is a beautiful city but the best part about it is its proximity to Shimla. (Only after more holidays will I find out that Shimla is highly overrated)
HE and I were supposed to leave at noon from Chandigarh. But being the sleepyheads that we are, we managed to leave only around 3 or 4. Not good considering that we were travelling on our own, on a friends RE bullet that had seen better days and with absolutely no spares. And at the time of the trip, the expressway was not yet completed.
So where was I?? He and I left Chandigarh on a friends RE bullet. (This friend will be a recurring entry in most trip logs).
The thrill of sitting on a bullet with HIM and going for a trip to Shimla. Unbelievable is the only word that comes to mind.There are moments that you want to relive again and again and for me one such moment is that day. I know it might seem trivial, but it was exciting and thrilling for me. My first bike trip with HIM and the fact that I haven't been to Shimla didn't hurt either.
If I remember right, the journey took 5 and a half hours, 5 hours of travel and 30 minutes of time-passing and gupp-shupping at Cafe Coffee Day in Dharampur.
The initial part of the ride didn't feel any different. But as we moved outside city limits, we were greeted by dusty work-in-progress roads. I was trying to soak in as much of my surroundings as possible. We soaked in quite a bit of dust as well. HE kept telling me about my surroundings, about the Shivaliks, being at the foothills of the Shivaliks, the roads, the people, the views and everything. We passed the Mughal Garden in Pinjore, a famous tourist spot. But we had no time to stop and since it was close to Chandigarh we decided to puh it to another day. Little did I know that it would elude me to this day....

No comments:

Post a Comment